Wednesday 8 April 2015

Big Fish Stay Planning

Firstly I did research whereabouts that Big Fish where based in London. It is based in Chelsea, so started looking at hotels around this area, but they where very limited and the ones that where quite near by where very expensive due to being boutique hotels. 

So therefore started looking further out, and the next district to Chelsea is Fulham which is slightly cheaper and therefore I thought this would be the best option as long as my work place would be in walking distance. 

There seemed to be quite a few hostels that was very cheap but wanted my own space and these also had quite a long walk and would not benefit me cost while with travel to & from work.

Sara Hotel
£230.00 
En suite
21mins walk.

23 Hotel
£196.00
Shared Bathroom
36 mins walk.


I then came across a travel lodge in Fulham which seemed to be a reasonable price, slightly more expensive than some but had an en-suite & a well known chain so therefore know what to expect. 

This was quite important to me as I was nervous about getting down there on my own and therefore didn't want the added worry of if I would be safe and comfortable in my room etc...



So I decided to go with the Travelodge in Fulham which is a 21 min walk.


Now moving on to trains, I have had to do some research into which station will be the best due to me going straight to my hotel on my outward journey but on return I will be going from my work place and therefore I need to find a balance. 

So there is Imperial Wharf & West Brompton

West Brompton is 3 mins from Hotel & 21 mins from Big Fish.
Imperial Wharf is 9 mins from Big Fish & 23 mins from Hotel.

So I have decided that I am going to get my train to & from West Brompton, but on the way home I am going to walk to the Imperial Wharf & get a train from there to West Brompton, but I will pay on the day for this journey.






I have to have 3 changes on train to get from this train station. This is to & from, even though the routes are different each way. This is making me very nervous due to never being to London on my own before and therefore this is a big step for me for my career.






No comments:

Post a Comment