Thursday 22 November 2012

End Of Module Evaluation

-->

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD403               


 Module Title
DESIGN SKILLS






END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME




1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The main thing I have learnt within this module is the form of the typeface and how some of the alphabet shapes can be developed to make another letter. Here I have used this within the typeface, which I created for Jordan, which I used largely with the pattern in the stems of the form of the typeface. In this module I have learnt how to use illustrator with more of an in depth knowledge and new things you can do with illustrator. Which I have passed on these skills within the illustrator brief. 
I have also learnt how o manage my time effectively as at first I felt like I had a lot of work to process but towards the end I had a plan of when to blog when to have my work done, which has given me a better approach to the module.



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

My approach to the design skills module has been informative to my final result due to my research is a big part od my development as all my ideas come when researching more into the briefing set.
My time management skills have developed through the start of this brief due to the allowance I have to double check all my work and not rushing around on interim critique day.
The visual thinking brief made me think of different medias as I had the word glow and nothing I did was relative to glow until I experimented with chalk etc….
The use of doing a large scale of ideas before starting your brief final has been very informative as you can develop while on paper which saves time than doing it while on screen in most cases,



3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My strengths that I have realised whilst doing this brief is that I am quite organised as I do tasks on time and I intend to keep this up throughout my time here as I will use my diary to its full use, as I think it has been a great time management tool for myself. Therefore due to my organisation and time management I have met deadlines and had all my work at every critique.








4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I believe that I am just settling for a final design rather than spending time to finalise it as we have such a short period of time, so I need to allow my self for time to develop after critique over the weekend rather than setting myself other tasks to do. Also, although I have good time management skills I need to allow myself to blog my days events on the night and also within the blog taking better pictures by scanning and get in to the routine of putting where the images are from at the bottom of the picture.




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Next time I would do lots of ideas but if I find a good idea that I want to stick on mid way through, I shouldn’t go on and do further ideas and waste time when I wont like them. Therefore I will have more time to develop my final idea when created digitally.
The second thing I would do differently is keeping all my things together and not throwing rubbish versions away, as not it has come to hand in and I have misplaced all my work although most of it is blogged.
Thirdly I need to keep my blogging up to date therefore can put research picture straight onto my blog and link them below, also blog a critique or a session is more fresh in your mind if you do it the same day rather than 1 or 2 days later.
The Fourth thing is that I will not be mad or upset at silly mistakes as you will learn from them next time and remember more prominent by doing things wrong. For example not throw away my rubbish versions of printing or the bad ideas and little sheets that I have just scribbled on but could have had some relation to my work.
Finally I need to up my standard of work I don’t feel like I am producing the best I can be when I look at others I either need to be more confident about my work or develop my idea until I am happy with the level of the quality of my final piece.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




Punctuality




Motivation




Commitment




Quantity of work produced




Quality of work produced




Contribution to the group




The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment