Thursday 13 March 2014

Uber Critique

This crit was the major crit that was the final major decider although, I was pretty down hearted as this was after the D&AD deadline therefore, if any feedback was received I couldn't change them.

We created design boards for the crit but these where never the ones we was going to use for submission as we wasn't fully satisfied with the design as of yet anyway.

We had to go round everyones boards and final works, in which seeing everyones work was very scary, we noticed how much we had left to do and how much we actually wasn't happy with our design. I think this made us panic more and we knew we needed to add something to our design. 

We was pondering for a while and then Sam came up with the idea of making a pattern to place as a background on the boards. I thought this was a great idea and felt a great sense of relief! We still need ot do a great deal of work before the deadline, but we knew how to fix the issue we have been stuck behind for a while.

Below is the feedback that were left on our boards after the crit, we was pretty dissapointed because they wasn't much about the design which is the major point we wanted recifying:






This is all the feedback, most of them was just saying strong concept, and things about the boards. But this wasn't a massive issue as these weren't the boards we was submitting. I think that me and Sam didn't expect great feedback to start with anyway so we wasn't surprised when we read the feedback.



Then we did the second part of the crit, we had to go round the table in partners and crit others work using the sheets provided, answering each section...



I didn't find anything important from this crit, to take on board. I do think that this crit was pretty pointless as we did it on tables rather than around the room or swapping tables therefore most people on my table had seen my designs before...









No comments:

Post a Comment