Thursday 8 May 2014

Part 2: Business Card Research

 I like the idea of having an insert as the business card, with a cut out to see the logo. This is something that would relate my practice although, this would not benefit my logo because the circle will not show the whole area. Also, is this just a waste due to they might not even kept this part as this is not the important part. 




 I like the idea of a circle business card as you would stand out from the crowd although, I think that people would have no where to store this as it is weird shape and would probably just get lost. Also I think what makes this is the box that it is been photographed and obviously you couldn't give this out every time you gave out your business card.





 I like the use of the block colour on one side although, this is would not be possible to do this with the resources that we have apart from screen printing which I don't believe I have time to do. The shape is more oblong than a standard business card.




I like the colour scheme of this but again this is would have to be screen printed. This also looks like it has a spot gloss within the circle.




 I like this stock that they have used it has a very grainy texture and gives more quality to the black ink. I also like the subtle colour edging of the business card. The business cards are one sided with the orange that are shown on the edges. This creates a seamless look as it flows round.



 Although, this is just a simple white card with black ink and simple type it looks very effective & clean. I like the use of the negative space around the logo. And a short quote at the bottom left to represent her practice.



 I have come across this in my research, I really wanted to do colour edging as I didn't was to use block colour on one side and will add a pop of colour. this is a good idea of the gradient paint edging. Although after research I have found this can only be done through spraying and the closest thing I can do to that is sponging the sides and this would not be a good enough fade. I would use my dark green in my pack to the teal.




 I like how they have used the logo twice but in different ways. I like the use of the inversion of the colours. This would allow, me to brand different elements with the most appropriate logo as this would be a current representation of my brand. As long as the lettering is still kept the same.




 I like this colour scheme, although I said I didn't like block colour I think this is very subtle and the mint colour is cool and not overpowering this really enhances the gold. This branding is more for fashion design I believe.




I like the overall layout of these business cards although I don't like the typeface been used. I like the contrast been with the grey stock and the pink edging. Although this colour is very bright it is not too over powering. The use of mountboard would allow me to do my manual paint edging at home as the thickness of the stock is not too thin and therefore bleeding happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment