Monday 12 May 2014

Part 2: Mini Portfolio

So From my Promo Pack research I thought the best way would be to make a concertina foldout so that it can easily be slotted in my pocket, on my CV.

So Firstly I thought I would start with my title for my portfolio... I didn't.



 This is hand rendered lettering that I created on illustrator freehand. I use a ruler to make sure I am going in a straight line for the baseline. Then I also have a X-height to make sure that all the letters are the same size.





 I then integrated the Mini within the title of the portfolio. I wanted to incorporate the mini into the word to enhance that this is just a small part of my work that I have produced in throughout my two years on this course.




Then I felt that it needed to be underlined, I tried to use a straight line but this didn't go with the scripty lettering and therefore I thought that the more elaborate the better.



I have chose to do use the block colour as my background as my pocket is this colour also therefore this links seamlessly. The white then also pops out.



Then the layout for the pages of my work. The use of the landscape layout I found more difficult to equally lay everything out. So I started with playing with the layout till I was satisfied as this is the layout I am going to use for every piece of work.

This is very boring and there is a lot of negative space I think that photo needs to be more prominent feature within the page as this is the part that I want them to focus on.



 I think the title looks very out place here. I like the sizing between the bodycopy and the image.





I think thought that if I overlapped the text over the image it might give it more of a sense of connection. Then there would be a bigger breathing space at each of the edge.




This is my final layout, which I am happy with you can see the connection of the title and the bodycopy with the image this is something I wanted to push as the layout does just flow with the only break down of the fold but when the concertina is unraveled there will be no direct definition divide.




This is my print ready document. I very please with the overall outcome. I have made the size of the folded document just a little smaller than the CV so that there is no overhang at the top and fits in nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment